CEAT, the flagship company of RPG Enterprises, was established in 1958. Today, CEAT is one of India’s leading tyre manufacturer with a capacity of over 800 tonnes per day and has strong presence in global markets. CEAT offers the widest range of tyres to all segments and manufactures world-class tyres for: Heavy-duty Trucks and Buses, Light Commercial Vehicles, Earthmovers, Forklifts, Tractors, Trailers, Cars, Utility Vehicles, Motorcycles, Scooters as well as Auto-rickshaws. CEAT enjoys a major market share in the Truck, Light Truck and 2-wheeler segment and its tubes and flaps are renowned for their superior quality and durability.
|Manager Costing & Budgeting
|05 To 10 Years
Manager Costing & Budgeting Vacancy at Ceat For CA/CMA/MBA
JOB DESCRIPTION :-
This position will be responsible for leading the Costing in the preparation of robust financial plan, cost benefit analysis and costing estimate for CEAT by ensuring accurate estimation of costs and consolidation of the same for the various sites and plants. This position shall also provide estimation support to the BD and Marketing team from a pricing perspective.
Cost Structure and Design
- Design cost structures that are comprehensive in capturing the total cost component of the product
- Apply standard costing procedures to product / process cost derivations and identify products/processes to be discontinued
- Review Cost structure from time to time and change where needed
- Prepare Costing Manual and define SOP for Costing department
Costing Analysis and Processes
- Oversee product/project costing, fixed assets costing, inventory costing, variance analysis, raw material costing, cost benefit analysis, transfer pricing & reconciliation of cost data for decision making purposes for the various businesses, in consultation with the CFO using various statistical tools and costing techniques
- Develop the costing systems using unit costs activity based costing principles and ensuring that report extraction from the financial systems is seamless and effective
- Undertake activity based costing evaluation of materials to identify areas for improvement, and utilize the same for making recommendations
- Project the operating costs for production and the project execution by building various scenarios with variables like labour, material cost, time, etc.
- Conduct Export Benefit Analysis by working out provisions, execute duty free input reconciliation with focus on product schemes
- Conduct costing runs and identify costs for each SKU / Material FG and SFG and maintain master files for all materials / SKU’s
- Provide necessary information and reports for getting PRE Certifications
Tracking and Monitoring
- Track costs and material from Raw Material Inwarding, Conversion, to Finished Goods and Dispatch with inputs from Plant –Finance
- Conduct annual cost audits with established parameters and take efforts to correct deviations
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits
- Monitor the variances of actual costs incurred against the budgeted costs, probable reasons, and highlight areas for improvements in operations, or inherent structural bottleneck
- Ensure timely coordination and analysis of financial information including monthly financial results, preparation of recurring management reports
Provide Support to Sales and Marketing Team
- Provide costing support to the S&M team to enable a robust price quoting process to maximize product margins
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams in negotiation process by providing support on costing and estimation for the proposal
Reporting and Analysis
- Perform ageing analysis of the stock levels at the Plants, and highlight the same to the SCM team for optimum inventory planning
- Conduct Export benefit analysis and prepare reports for the management
- Review cost sheets and cost audit reports
- Establish cost sheets for each SKU and track opening and closing inventory and provide for all necessary information that is required for Cost Audits
Costing MIS and Documentation
- Ensure cost accounting record rules are followed in the department
- Reconcile the consumption data cost by calculating the variance through the reports from SAP and MIS
- Managing costing data in SAP, valuation of Inventory, verification of bills and reconciliation of accounts
- Prepare Costing MIS for Product costing, Breakeven & contribution analysis, rejection analysis, customer wise/ product wise profitability
- Ensure accurate reporting in the areas of Manufacturing (yield, consumption norms. cost of poor quality, rejections, etc), Cost trends, price and usage variances over business plans etc.
- Coordinate with plants, exports and departments to get SKU wise reports of finished goods and raw materials
- Ensure the high level accuracy and timely submission of all MIS reports
- Manage performance of the team and ensure that team is working in line with organizational value system
- Ensure team is adequately trained and proactively work with HR at capability enhancement of team
- Conduct effective performance appraisals and provide regular feedback
LINK FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – CLICK HERE
Join us on LinkedIn and Telegram Group for regular updates.
Disclaimer: The information provided above is for informational purpose only. This website do not provide any recruitment guarantee. Neither the author nor cmajob and its affiliates accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon.