Standard Chartered Bank Hiring Qualified and Semi-Qualified CA/CMA/ MBA/MCom/BCom
Standard Chartered Bank job vacancies for April 2023 are released. Standard Chartered Bank vacancy details like eligibility criteria, educational qualification, official notification, application link & other relevant details for this recruitment are provided below. Eligible and interested candidates can submit their application along with resume.
About the Organization
Standard Chartered plc is a British multinational bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. Despite being headquartered in the United Kingdom, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Company Name: Standard Chartered Bank
Post Name/Designation: Associate Manager, Indirect Tax
Qualification: CA / CMA / CMA Inter / CA Inter / MBA / MCom / BCom
Experience: 5-8 Years
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Indirect Tax Team is an integral part of the Tax/Finance function. It assists Regional Tax Teams across the Globe with their compliance requirements. The Team handles Value Added Tax (VAT), Goods & Service Tax (GST) & Sales & Use Tax (SUT) returns and its associated process.
- The role includes data collation, data analysis, data validation, reports consolidation, reports validation and submission of reports and workings to stake holders on or before the fixed target date.
- Prepare indirect tax returns and conduct comprehensive control checks as instructed.
- Update Senior Manager/AVP on key issues/risks in the process as and when he/she becomes aware.
- Prepare and follow tax calendar
- Proficient in extracting data and producing reports from sources such as PeopleSoft, Global Tax Engine
- Ensure seamless and accurate delivery of indirect tax returns with no misses on timelines
- Prepare and update documentation of transitioned processes and contribute to development of business continuity plan.
- Support implementation of specific tax projects (e.g., India GST)
- To gain detailed understanding of the GST / VAT reporting process and become an SME.
- Assist with global and regional tax initiatives.
- Interact with team members/stakeholders to understand the actual requirements and effective control is in the process.
Process and Service Management
- Identify opportunities to remove process waste, engage in standardisation of various reporting packs and encourage, drive and support automation initiatives thereby reduce / remove the non-value adds in the process.
- Establish robust control and governance on the process
- Drive productivity and achieve cost efficiencies through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drive a culture to capture appropriate metrics for tracking actual hours/ standard hours/ errors etc.
- Ensure detailed documentation is maintained and is kept up to date for all processes
- Knowledge on Overall Taxation and Experience on Indirect Tax
- Understanding in Banking Sector products and Global Tax Frameworks
- Responsible for preparing and submitting final returns to respective Country / Regional tax team and associated process
- Group Risk and Operational Risk Framework for Tax
- Ensure for Nil Pass 2 errors and Control checks in relevant process
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Tax, Regional Tax, GFS and Country Finance
How to Apply
Click here for official notification and application.
Join us on LinkedIn and Telegram Group for regular updates.
Disclaimer: The information provided above is for informational purpose only. This website do not provide any recruitment guarantee. Neither the author nor cmajob and its affiliates accept any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon.