Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one. Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
|Post Name||Finance Manager|
JOB DESCRIPTION :-
The successful candidate will lead a team, which ensures that accounting processes are run in a controlled environment, meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The candidate will report into a Finance Manager. This will include managing a team that works with our central accounting, finance operation and Global financial teams to ensure we have a controlled accounting process to do month end accounting and reporting activities in a manner fitting with our “Customer Obsession”, “Deliver Results” and “Insist on Highest Standard” philosophy.
The Manager – Fin Ops Accounting is responsible for smooth operations of Accounting team at Bangalore, which includes closing the books of accounts, posting of journal entries, managing audit deliverables as per IndAS and USGAAP prospective, preparing general ledger account reconciliations, finalization of trail balance including month end close review with Finance Controllers, financial reporting including month end flux analysis and having Balance sheet schedule reviews with Leadership team. This position will also be responsible for hiring, training, and employee development; managing workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; managing annual performance targets and operating budget; creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics. This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving errors and complex accounting issues with internal and external business partners.
The successful candidate should have a desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, primarily driving innovation on behalf of our customers.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Responsible for enforcing the accounting policy across the business and legal entities, any exception to be approved by the Controller.
2. Managing the month end activities that include closing of sub ledgers, general ledger account reconciliations, reporting and balance sheet account analysis; deliver the accurate financial statements as a part of the month end close process.
3. Prepare month end Flux analysis for P&L and Balance sheet accounts and share with Controllership team.
4. Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and knowledge in accounting and apply this in-depth knowledge, principles and systems design to recognize complex and unique issues and develop resolution and/or consistently consult with leadership in order to achieve resolution.
5. Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures and internal controls are in place, documented and also drive process improvements.
6. Responsible for preparing and reviewing the Balance sheet schedules for Controllership review; highlighting and taking necessary action upon the issues appropriately.
7. Manage financial close review with Controllership team including month end close call, finalization of P&L accounts and Balance Sheet, Trial balance.
8. Interact and working closely with the Internal and External auditors on audit related queries and ensure smooth completion of the audits
9. Responsible for SOX/ICFR compliance, manage risk assessment, internal control and get the alignment of improvements/changes from leadership/Controllership team.
10. Perform and support new business/system launches including UAT of the accounting entries and financial reporting.
11. Responsible for Indirect tax (GST) accounting and reconciliations
12. Driving controllership as a function and provide excellent and high quality services to the customer.
13. Work closely with the Controllers on process related issues and being the first point of contact to address any escalations.
14. Identify problems and changing requirements regarding management needs, auditing and other financial reporting requirement, accounting systems along with responsible for modifications.
15. Train and manage the team on latest accounting and policy updates and updates on impacting the processes being performed.
16. Leading and developing a team circa analysts, staff accountants, team leads and managers across accounting processes.
17. Guide and coach the team to develop a continuous pipeline of leaders. This includes but is not restricted to setting goals, quarterly performance review of the team, providing feedback and improvement plans to the team, identifying training needs for the team members and adequately nominate them for such trainings when available and other related activities.
18. Coach the team through solid reviews of the financial statements, balance sheet reviews and other financial reports. Ensure that the quality of work delivered by the team is consistent and areas of improvement are identified, plan is put in place and tracked to ensure that such plan is executed and implemented.
19. Backup planning, cross training, succession planning to be in place for all team members to ensure that there is consistent pipeline of talent available for team members so that new roles and growth of the company can be sustained through existing people.
20. Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required and lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives.
LINK FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – CLICK HERE